ENVI-MED programme aims to support the internationalization of research in the Mediterranean, to strengthen the high-level collaborations with Mediterranean countries on the basis of mutual benefit and to contribute to the regional integration of the least developed countries in all aspects of the field of study of Mediterranean Basin operation by promoting excellence in research and support for Euro-Mediterranean scientific communities.
It is dedicated to Mediterranean countries who wish, in partnership with France, to initiate multilateral cooperation by supporting the mobility of researchers as part of joint research projects and seminars, workshops and regional scientific conferences.
- Launch of the call for proposals: on the occasion of the MISTRALS General Assembly, in Malta on 12 March 2012
- Deadline for submitting applications: 12 June 2012
- Project assessment, selection and notification: October 2012
PRIORITIES AND THEMES
The call is open to all subjects in the fields of research and development linked to understanding the environmental operation of the Mediterranean Basin.
Priority will be given to projects which contribute to the networking of institutions, laboratories, facilities, stations, observatories and study sites.
The following themes are particularly encouraged:
- The Mediterranean Sea: its effect on climate in the regions to the north and south of the Basin.
- Environment and sustainable development:
- interactions between man, the climate, the environment and the development of the Mediterranean environment;
- the future of Mediterranean biodiversity;
- Coastal zones: places for exchanges and for living;
- Natural risks, within a context of global change and growing human pressure;
- Resource management: the assessment and reasoned management of Mediterranean basin resources – the specific issue of water sanitation;
- Towards sustainable governance in the Mediterranean:
- Sustainable city: habitability, cities, societies, crises;
- Political and social structures;
- Public policies and territorial equity in the Mediterranean;
- Links between urban and regional development in the Mediterranean;
- Archaeology and sustainable development in the Mediterranean (preservation of natural and formerly man-made landscapes, and cultural heritage in environments destabilized by economic and tourist flows, studies on adaptation to the natural environment).
Download the call for proposals
Download the application form
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
CONTACT / INFORMATION